Recently I have been working on some new features as well as improvement of existing features of the site. Today all the updates have been activated, which means the following is now available:
- Availability of fiber providers under the connectivity tab on carrier neutral data centers as well as building, to see who offers services such as point to point ethernet, MPLS, dark fiber, leased lines etc.
- Pictures and video presentations can now be listed on data center profiles for clients interested in further details about the facility, images are uploaded directly while videos must be available on YouTube.
- Internet Exchange Points have been added to the site, so available IXPs can be viewed from data center profiles. More IXPs will be added with time and if you have any you would like to have added feel free to write a comment or send an e-mail.
- Option to request an impartial follow up on quote requests by a consultant who can help finding the right solution.
- Premium members can now see if the quote requests they receive has been sent to other providers as well and, in case they have, who the other providers are.
- Made more awareness of the quote service and improved the way it works.
- Icon on the Microsoft Virtual Earth maps with birds-eye view.
- Search terms are now saved in the URL, so you can pass on searches to others – for example like this.
Apart from the ones mentioned above there has been a lot of minor improvements as well, but I am not going to go in to details about them. As a good example of the new features, have a look at the iWeb-CL data center profile where some of the new functions (gallery, fiber provider list etc.) are being used.
As always, feel free to contact me if you have got suggestions for new functions or improvements.