Not All Data Centers Are Created EqualBy Sune Christesen, Mar 2 2010
Seven simple words, and yet I am amazed every time I read them. I am talking about the slogan “Not All Data Centers Are Created Equal” from i/o Data Centers, that they have been pushing in their advertising lately. I really like this slogan and what the words represent, so as a follow up to some of my former posts relating to data center marketing I thought it would be interesting to dive in to data center slogans with a quick blog post.
Below I have compiled a list of 15 different slogans from the industry, including some of the largest providers:
- i/o Data Centers: Not all data centers are created equal.
- Telehouse Europe: Large enough to cope, small enough to care.
- TelecityGroup: Where content meets connectivity.
- Interoute: From the ground to the cloud.
- Melbourne: The whole server thing. sorted.
- Digital Realty Trust: We know datacenters.
- Telx: The interconnection company.
- PhoenixNAP: Redundant. Reliable. Responsive.
- SunGard Availability Services: Keeping people and information connected.
- ColoCenters: The internet happens here.
- Colocation America: It’s all about connections…
- AISO: Web hosting as nature intended.
- Equinix: Connecting the world’s information.
- 365 Main: The world’s finest data centers.
- CoreXchange: Advanced networking. Simplified.
Most noticeable is that there is about a ton of providers out there with similar slogans, just stating that they are “the leader” or a “world class provider” of colocation services, managed services or whatever business they focus on. What is the point of having a slogan if it is that boring, and similar to half of the providers out there? Should not be that hard to come up with a bit more creativity.
In addition to general slogans there are providers out there with other one-liners, that they use to stand out of the crowd. For example Rackspace is putting a lot of effort in to pushing their “Fanatical Support” similar to Liquid Web who is pushing their support as something special under the title “Heroic Support”.
This was just a short post as there is not really much to say about the subject, I just like the influence a simple little thing as a slogan can have for a company brand. It is a small effort, but it often makes a company easier to remember instead of being just another fish in the sea.