» Index » USA » Georgia » Atlanta » Atlanta NAP
Atlanta NAP is located in the area Atlanta, USA (America), and the colocation data center is carrier neutral. The data center was last updated on 06-01-2014.
Global Net Acces
1100 white street
» Request quote
» Visit website
to find other data centers
owned and operated by Global Net Acces.
Hosting of individual servers
* Security starts from the moment you enter the building with 10 foot high razor wire fences surrounding the 4 acre property, all of which is covered by security lights and cameras. All footage from the cameras is stored on a specially built security server with redundant storage. Entrance through the main gate requires a keycard or manual access granted by our onsite security guards and happens through an electric gate for customers' convenience. The front door is again protected by a key card reader. After entering the gate, there are three locked/key carded doors protecting the datacenter and a biometric hand scanner authentication. Once inside the datacenter itself, customers assets are protected by locked secure cabinets or cages. All assets entering or being removed from the building are logged by an onsite security guard. Our guard service is managed by a duly sworn armed police officer with arrest powers.
* The Atlanta NAP is one of the few facilities able to support even your most power dense applications. Power is dual fed from the grid and protected though our redundant paralleled power system, configured with an additional full wrap-around bypass for extra redundancy (we are able to take the system offline for any type of internal maintenance without dropping power to the facility). The UPS system is backed up by a state of the art parallel generator system with multiple generators running in N+1 format. These are computer controlled and automated. The generators have 150 gallon day tanks fed from redundant pumps from our 12,000 gallon reserve tank. The system is powered by state of the art by Cummins turbocharged generators and digital fuel management system by Simplex and Veeder-Root.
* The Atlanta NAP currently has 1000 tons of cooling piped into its 50,000 sq. foot datacenter. With pre planned capacity of over 2000 tons, cooling will never be an issue. Each bank of cooling towers utilizes state of the art energy management technology. As with all core system, the cooling towers are N+1, fed by redundant N+1 pumps. The Atlanta NAP also has a 30,000 gallon reserve water tank in case the city water supply ever fails.
* The Atlanta NAP is monitored at over 450 points by a state-of-the art digital building management system. Staff can log in securely from any location and check on all systems. The datacenter floor itself is equipped with temperature sensors in strategic locations that constantly monitor conditions in the facility and make adjustments. Alarms and out-of-tolerance conditions send an e-mail alert directly to management's PDAs. The system controls water flow through pump speeds and air flow to the cooling tower through fan speeds. This saves energy and ensures that the system is operating at its peak performance 24x7. The system also monitors and logs all electrical activity within the facility and sends notifications of events.
* The Atlanta NAP uses a state-of-the-art dual interlock dry pipe fire suppression system. High-tech smoke detectors signal the pipes to switch from compressed air (so Atlanta NAP staff are instantly alerted of leaks) to water. Then if a sprinkler head is set off by an actual fire, water is deployed to the affected zone only. The system is monitored through the building management system. The floors are all equipped with floor drains on 20 foot centers that drain the building in case of system activation.
* The Atlanta NAP offers free parking for all staff/customers/visitors. This parking is inside of our security-controlled gate which means you can leave your car with no worries and without paying $11/day.
* The Atlanta Nap provides on-site executive offices for corporate presence and technical operations. The current capacity of 11 offices sold out in 2 months. Atlanta NAP is taking reservations on offices upstairs in phase 2 of its build out expected to be completed in 2007. Offices range from 100 to 200 sq. feet and are a perfect place to store equipment and run your business.
* Sitting on one of AGL's main fiber backbones, the Atlanta NAP operates a metro Ethernet ring based on Extreme Networks 10 Gig technology. It has Sonet-like EAPS implementation for sub 50 ms re-route times, utilizing Ethernet for efficient and affordable equipment connectivity. We have collocation in Telx at 56 Marietta and Switch and Data at 56 Marietta and are able to offer you 100 mb and Gigabit Ethernet metro cross connects to any one of the more than 100 carriers located in the Telx building. The ring is currently lit at 10 gig.
Equipment Loading and Unloading
* At the NAP we have drive-up docks on the front of the building for easy delivery of your freight, and we maintain a full drive-in door and loading bay on the rear of the building for inclement weather loads as well. There are no elevator loads to worry about since the facility is one story.
* The Atlanta NAP used to be a main warehouse with heavy operations and fork lift operation inside. The floors are 10 inch thick concrete with 1 inch rebar, so there are no floor load limitations for currently known computer and telco equipment including battery operations and UPS systems.
Atlanta NAP Pricing/Quotes
If you are interested in receiving a quote for Global Net Acces, please try our free quote service
» Top 5 Data Center Stories: Week of September 23
» Yahoo Attacks Create Questions About Verizon Deal
» AT&T sues Nashville over the Google Fiber-led 'One Touch Make Ready' ordinance
» Comcast targets Annapolis, Maryland, businesses with 100 GigE services, enhances revenue potential
» Imperva Said to Draw Acquisition Interest From Cisco, IBM